Posted Tuesday, March 5th 2013 @ 7pm
The General Sales Manager is a leadership and sales role responsible for managing Radio station sales, a team of Local Sales Managers, and an extended team of Account Executives. Primary responsibilities include generating station sales revenue and achieving sales goals; identifying, developing, and managing a group of National and Local Sales Managers; growing and deepening customer relationships that translate into sales; and, general management activities that support sales (eg, reporting, incentive plan creation, performance management, ongoing routines, etc.), and achieving sales & revenue targets with ever more sophisticated clients in a dynamic & highly competitive marketplace. The General Sales Manager will create revenue by having a deep understanding of their clients’ needs and the local marketplace, and through coaching & guiding their team of Local Sales Managers. The General Sales Manager position reports to a Vice President of Sales.
- Identify, hire, coach, train, and motivate a high performing sales team.
- Manage sales team and maximize / exceed revenue goals through inventory management and targeting customer needs.
- Attain overall revenue and market share goals.
- Analyze and report to management regarding station and market revenue activity.
- Manage inventory and rates through coordination with the Traffic Department
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Provide Director of Sales with the necessary sales reports, revenue & expense budgets, forecasts, and market analysis.
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Create & execute marketing programs & client services.
- Develop, implement, and communicate sales strategies and action plans.
- Identify, hire, coach, train, and motivate sales team.
- Drive results through others, manage team performance, set clear expectations, and hold team accountable against business metrics.
- Oversee efforts of sales team by reviewing sales proposals and negotiating with clients.
- Develop and enhance skills of National and Local Sales Managers.
- Implement ongoing team management routines (eg, sales staff meetings).
- Develop innovative sales commission and incentive plans that drive desired sales behaviors and results.
- Assist in collection of accounts receivable.
- Implement sales activities that generate new business & deepen existing relationships (eg, attend and participate in trade shows/community organization events).
- Translate market & station business strategies into specific actions that generate sales & revenue.
- College degree preferred.
- Two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of broadcasting, pricing inventory, ratings, marketing, promotion and collection standard.
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
- Understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales.
- Ability to grow the business and find new revenue opportunities over time, as well as create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with an ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task.
- Ability to identify talented sales people, and grow and develop a team over time.
- Exceptional people management and team performance experience.
- Ability to push self & others to excel and execute in a multi-task, fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to make business and people decisions, while creating positive energy in the face of challenges.
- Ability to balance data analytics, problem solving, and moving with speed to achieve maximum results.
- Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and influencing skills across multiple groups.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to travel. Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance.
To Apply Please Visit Our Website:https://clearchannel-openhire.silkroad.com
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Job LocationSan Francisco, California, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular